Third Floor | Kirby Science Discovery Center
Ocean Bound! features fun, empowering environmental science for the whole family. Embark on a journey through different bodies of water to see how everyone’s actions on land affect our ocean. Here are a just few activities in Ocean Bound!
- Make it rain in a 3-D watershed model.
- Pilot a full-size two-station “submersible” from a mountain stream all the way to the ocean.
- Guide “water” safely through a hazardous maze—but watch out for oil, mined metals and animal waste.
- Enjoy HD video showing otters eating and romping in snow, and learn how biologists captured, examined and reintroduced otters to their original habitat.
- Use a kid-friendly touch screen showing both helpful and harmful behaviors that affect our watershed--spot the polluters and be a Watershed Warrior!
Now open through January. Stop by to enjoy this new temporary exhibition today!