Don't let the end of summer get you down! The Kirby Science Discovery Center and Visual Arts Center have an exciting docket of fall entertainment headed your way.
- Back-to-School BOGO: Buy One Get One FREE on your museum admission all September long. Bring a friend and let their admission be on us. This offer is only available in person at the Washington Pavilion Box Office.
- National Museum Day: Build, create and explore on National Museum Day September 18. Hosted by Smithsonian Magazine and locally sponsored by Sammons Financial Group, admission is free to our museums on this special Saturday.
- Bugs Squad: Discover your unique superpower with our new Bug Squad exhibition, opening September 18.
- South Dakota Governor’s 9th Biennial Art Exhibition: See this moving collection by 66 artists of diverse backgrounds, from all parts of our state. Visit this touring exhibit in the Visual Art Center's Everist Galley before it leaves September 19.
- New daily arts and science activities: Join us for daily science demonstrations at Avera Stage Science, Tinker Tuesdays in Jack's Imagination Lab and Friday Crafternoons in Raven Children's Studio.
- Pavilion Adventures: Two new scavenger hunts launch September 1. Learn interesting facts, interact with our exhibits and explore new areas of the Washington Pavilion. Plus, you can win amazing prizes including a drone or a smart robot.
- Wells Fargo CineDome: Enjoy daily showings of captivating and fun movies in our unique cinema with 60-foot wide, four-story screen and eight rocking channels of digital sound through 24 speakers.
You can discover something new every day at your Washington Pavilion! Kirby Science Discovery Center and Visual Arts Center will be open Tuesdays through Saturdays 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays 12 to 5 p.m.