Sioux Falls, SD – Join internationally acclaimed artist and local South Dakotan, Dick Termes, for design-centered lectures and 3D structures workshop on his extraordinary art.
With his work being recognized from San Francisco to Paris and his spherical paintings featured in books all over the world, his week-long residency in Sioux Falls merges with his work currently on display in the Everist Gallery at your Washington Pavilion. The exhibition entitled 50 Years, 50 Spheres includes his spherical paintings known as Termespheres®.
Termes has painted more than 400 major spherical surfaces since 1968, and he will put that knowledge on display January 18-19 at two different lectures and one workshop.
- 1-6 Point Perspective, Friday, January 18, 7 p.m.
- A design-centered conversation where Termes explains a new way to teach and do perspective drawing. (This event will be held at the Sioux Falls Design Center at 108 W 11th St.)
- 3D Structures Workshop, Saturday, January 19, 10 a.m.
- Learn about the importance of 3D structures in nature, architecture, biology and more through this hands-on workshop. The cost to attend is $18/members and $20/public and space is limited.
- Termespheres®, the Art of Dick Termes Lecture, Saturday, January 19, 2 p.m.
- During this lecture, Dick Termes will bring examples of his Termespheres®, Polyhedra Paintings and the Total Photos. Enjoy short videos of the Termespheres® he has painted over the years as well as many fun stories about his work.
Aside from his events at the Washington Pavilion, Termes will spend time throughout the week with youth at various schools and community facilities using his art as a way to “inspire learners to view the world through a different lens to pursue their dreams and ideas.”
For more information regarding the Termes programs, call 605-367-6000 or visit https://www.washingtonpavilion.org/event/art-events-dick-termes
The Washington Pavilion is the region’s home for the arts, entertainment and science. Located in a beautifully renovated historic building in downtown Sioux Falls, it is one of only a few facilities in the world to bring together under one roof the performing arts, visual arts and interactive science. The vast array of high quality programming and educational activities available through the Husby Performing Arts Center, Kirby Science Discovery Center, Visual Arts Center and the Community Learning Center ensures that people of all ages and walks of life can rely upon the Washington Pavilion to entertain, inspire, educate and enrich. There is, indeed, something for everyone here. For information about our programs, please call (605) 367-7397 or, (toll free) at 1-877-Wash Pav or visit our website at www.washingtonpavilion.org.