The mission of the Washington Pavilion is to educate, entertain, inspire, and enrich the community by making arts and science part of our lives. Our vision is to continue serving as the region’s premier arts and cultural institution and a national model for multifaceted, community-based institutions.
The Washington Pavilion is the region’s home for the arts, entertainment and science. Located in a beautifully renovated historic building in downtown Sioux Falls, it is one of only a few facilities in the world to bring together under one roof the performing arts, visual arts, interactive science and educational opportunities.
The Washington Pavilion makes art and science part of the daily lives of thousands of people with programming from Broadway tours to intimate chamber recitals in two state-of-the-art theaters in the Husby Performing Arts Center ; more than 100 hands-on interactive science exhibits and the newly renovated Wells Fargo CineDome in the Kirby Science Discovery Center; and regional and national exhibits ranging from noted South Dakota artists to our annual Blockbuster Exhibition in the Visual Arts Center . Additionally, the Washington Pavilion offers quality education through the Community Learning Center and Graham Academy Preschool and delectable delights at Leonardo's Cafe .
The Washington Pavilion serves the community through several other important initiatives:
• The Community Learning Center provides educational opportunities for all ages with a broad range of engaging arts and science classes, workshops and internships, and no-cost art experiences for at-risk youth and underserved populations weekly during the school year at multiple venues.
• The Graham Academy Preschool offers a unique educational setting for ages 3–5 with need-based scholarships available.
• The Dakota Academy of Performing Arts prepares adolescents and young adults students for professional-level music and theater performances.
• The Events Department provides individuals, groups and businesses with affordable, one-of-a-kind space and services for weddings, conferences, meetings and social gatherings.
• The Washington Pavilion is also home to several cultural partners, including the South Dakota Symphony Orchestra , Junior League of Sioux Falls, Sioux Falls Jazz & Blues Society , South Dakota Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and the South Dakota African American History Museum.
With the vast array of high quality programming and educational activities available at the Washington Pavilion, people of all ages and walks of life can rely upon the organization to entertain, inspire, educate and enrich. Experience your Washington Pavilion today.
The Washington Pavilion is a private, 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization, serving the community through earned and contributed support.
The Washington Pavilion is a member of the following organizations: