Frequently Asked Questions About Memberships at the Washington Pavilion
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions below to learn more about which membership is right for you.
- Free admission to the Kirby Science Discovery Center, Visual Arts Center and special exhibitions
- Free admission to educational movies in the Wells Fargo CineDome
- Free or discounted admission to over 400 museums world-wide through the Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC) passport program. Visit https://www.astc.org/membership/passport-program-guidelines/ for more information
- Exclusive members-only events
- Ability to purchase tickets to select shows before the public
- Waived handling fees for ordering tickets online and over the phone
- 10% discount on classes, camps and birthday parties
- 10% discount at Leonardo’s Café (some restrictions may apply)
Pavilion level members may access a maximum of two free admission passes per day. (member and a guest)
PALS level members may access a maximum of five free admission passes per day (member and up to four guests.) Additional individuals may be added to the account for a $2+tax/month fee.
Named adults count towards the free admissions for applicable membership level. Named adults must be 18+, youth ages 13-17 may be listed as a nanny. Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
PALS memberships may list one nanny on the account. Nannies may attend the Kirby Science Discovery Center, Visual Arts Center and Wells Fargo CineDome only when watching the children. Additional membership benefits do not apply to nannies. Nanny benefits expire after 12 months. Nannies are not applicable to Pavilion level memberships.
Each Pavilion or PALS Membership includes up to two named adults. These adults have access to the full range of membership benefits.
Membership benefits do not apply when visiting with a group (school, youth or other) due to special programming and funding.
Benefits are non-transferable. Members must present their membership card or photo identification at check-in.
Please call our Membership Coordinator at 605-731-2351 to verify the status of your cards. If the first set of cards do not arrive, you may request a new set to be mailed as a one-time courtesy reprint.
If member misplaces, damages or needs to update named adults on the card, they can inquire about getting a temporary card at no cost. There is a $5 plus tax reprint fee to issue new cards.
A rush print fee of $5 plus tax can be added to have cards available for pick up at the Box Office by desired date. Cards can be mailed USPS Priority Mail Expedited shipping (1-3 business days) for $7 (tax included.)
Become a Member
To become a member, click the orange button below.
If you prefer to process your membership by telephone or if you have further questions, please call the Box Office at 605-367-6000 or the Membership Coordinator at 605-367-7397 ext 2351.