2020-21 Preschool Enrollment Now Open
We at Graham Academy Preschool are committed to having our school year in the safest way possible for our students, their families and our employees. Our staff is making specific adjustments as well as implementing building-wide safety protocols in an effort to help keep our students and employees healthy. The following are the key aspects of our Graham Academy Preschool COVID-19 safety protocols to help prevent the spread of the virus:
- Classrooms, workstations, and supplies will be thoroughly disinfected between classes with emphasis on high touchpoints
- Classes will remain at a maximum of 15-16 students to allow for recommended distance between children
- Students and teachers will utilize hand sanitizer and conduct handwashing breaks throughout the day
- Parents/guardians will use a provided checklist to screen children for symptoms prior to coming to the facility each day.
For more information on Graham Academy Preschool and/or our 2020-21 Safety Protocols contact:
Director of Education
605-367-7397 ext 2350
The philosophy of the Graham Academy Preschool at the Washington Pavilion is to provide a program for the whole child, incorporating social, emotional, fine and gross motor skills, linguistic and logical/mathematical learning and creative development.
The Graham Academy Preschool curriculum stimulates exploration and encourages problem-solving skills, creativity, social and emotional growth coupled with opportunities to interact with Kirby Science Discovery Center exhibits, Visual Arts Center exhibitions and Husby Performing Arts Center programming. Foreign language immersion experiences are also provided throughout the year. Our preschoolers develop a broad knowledge base of the world around them through experiential learning. Their teachers accept them as individuals and encourage each child to progress at his or her own pace, laying the foundations for language, beginning academic skills and social skills.
2020-21 Graham Academy Tuition Rates
Qualified Teaching Professionals
Each class will have one lead teacher certified in early childhood education and one assistant teacher with an education background. All of our classes have a small student-to-teacher ratio with a maximum of 15-16 students per class. On occasion, specialists in fields such as music, art, science, foreign language or performing arts will serve as guest instructors, furthering your child’s education with authentic experiences.
Before School Care
Enjoy the convenience of early drop-off for your preschooler! A staff member will be available in the preschool classroom (3rd floor) starting at 8 a.m. Students will explore and play before preschool begins with the rest of the class at 9 a.m.
Graham Academy Preschool Goals
We are passionate about serving our children and their families. Our classroom is a safe, positive and inspirational place for students to start their school experience.
- Children are developing positive social skills
- Children love to learn and explore
- Creativity and play are celebrated and fostered
- Children show growth in their academic, language and motor skills
- Children are safe and healthy
- Families and teachers work together to support their children’s learning and development
Enjoying The Benefits
All enrolled preschoolers will receive a Membership for Five to the Washington Pavilion. We encourage families to spend time together exploring the many educational opportunities available throughout the Washington Pavilion.
For more information on the Graham Academy Preschool, call the Director of Education Madelyn Grogan at 605-367-7397 ext 2350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org