Have your next birthday party at the Washington Pavilion. Choose your own birthday learning adventure from our fun party themes below.
Pavilion Birthday Parties Include:
- Hands-on, themed activities led by a Pavilion party host
- Private party room for you and your guests
- Admission to the Kirby Science Discovery Center and Visual Arts Center
- Birthday gift for the birthday child
- Decorations and digital invitations for you to print or email.
- Set up and clean up ... we do the work, you just have the fun!
Each party includes one Awesome Activity
Marble Maze Engineering*
Design and create your very own marble maze
Painting Mini Easels
Decorate a fun mini easel
Model Magic Miniature Sculptures
Make your own mini-creations with squishy clay
Create a rocket and watch it zoom
Find all of the answers in the Visual Arts Center and win a prize
*Recommended for age 7+
Please note membership and guest passes cannot be used for birthday party admission and the final food and headcount for your party is due nine days prior to your party.
Planning Your Birthday Party:
- Awesome Activity – 30 minutes
- Food and gift opening – 30 minutes
- Museum playtime in the Kirby Science Discovery Center and Visual Arts Center – 90 minutes
(Please note that while the Pavilion party host will lead the Awesome Activity, parents are expected to chaperone during museum playtime)
- Birthday cake
- Small birthday candles
- Plates/cutting utensils for birthday cake
- Goodie bags for your guests
Leave at home:
- All other outside food/drink
- Balloons with helium
Parties available for booking:
Saturdays and Sundays at 12 p.m. or 2 p.m.
Please allow a minimum of 2 weeks advance notice for scheduling your party. The final food request and headcount for your party is due nine days prior to your party.
$185 (+ tax) or $166.50 (+ tax) for Washington Pavilion members
For up to 12 child guests and 2 adults
- $10.90 for additional birthday child
- $12 for each additional child guest
- $13 for each additional adult guest
Limit of 20 people maximum which includes all adults and children of any age.
Add Pizza and Pop from Leonardo’s Café!
For 12 children, we recommend ordering 2 pizzas and 3 pitchers of pop
Pizza—$16.50 per pizza
Pepperoni | Cheese | Sausage
Beverages —$3.50 per pitcher
Pepsi | Diet Pepsi | Dr. Pepper | Sierra Mist | Lemonade | Root Beer | Mountain Dew
A $50 non-refundable deposit is due at the time of booking and will be put towards the total cost of the party