Sioux Falls, SD — Our theme for the June Free First Friday is “Dinosaurs”! Join us in the Kirby Science Discovery Center for fun activities and programs all centered around our favorite prehistoric friends. Admission is free from 5 to 8 p.m.
Special activities on Friday, June 3, will include:
- Fossil demonstrations at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. at Avera Stage Science
- “DINOSAURS OF ANTARCTICA” playing in the Wells Fargo CineDome
- Hands-on dinosaur activities in the Jacks Imagination Lab and Raven Children’s Studio with an emphasis on STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics)
- Washington Pavilion mascot Radley Rex making appearances throughout the day
- Chalk art and other activities outside with Sanford Fit
- Dinosaur-themed drinks and snacks, always available for purchase at the Radley Rex Snack Shack
Kids will love exploring our new Dinosaur Discovery exhibits, digging for fossils and playing new interactive games to learn all about how dinosaurs lived and even help them escape extinction. Race through our Prehistoric Adventure Climber and see your two favorite Spinosaurus dinosaurs outside.
Many of the new dinosaur features at the Washington Pavilion are thanks to a more than $250,000 grant from the David B. Jones Foundation. Over the past 12 years, the David B. Jones Foundation has provided more than $1 million in grant funding to the Washington Pavilion for various projects, including mascot Radley Rex, our interactive Jeep experience, our Dinosaur Discovery exhibit and the wildly popular Prehistoric Adventure Climber.
If you aren’t yet a member at the Washington Pavilion, now is the perfect time to join! Starting as low as $5.98 per month, enjoy free, year-round museums access along with other amazing benefits. For more information, visit WashingtonPavilion.org.
About Washington Pavilion Management, Inc. (WPMI)
Washington Pavilion Management, Inc. is a private 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and the largest arts organization in the state. The management company oversees and programs two historic City of Sioux Falls facilities: the Washington Pavilion of Arts and Science and the Orpheum Theater Center. The company also provides professional management services, including administration; arts, science and educational programming; ticketing; event management; marketing; and more to other arts and nonprofit organizations. For information, please visit WashingtonPavilion.org.